You may say to yourself, "My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me." But remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms His covenant, which He swore to your forefathers, as it is today. If you ever forget the Lord your God and follow other gods and worship and bow down to them, I testify against you today that you will surely be destroyed.
Deuteronomy 8:17-19

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

A Dry and Dusty Land

A Dry and Dusty Land 
image title
Have you ever been in a place and not known how you got there? I just realized that I was in a dry and dusty land, and I didn’t like it. I used to share everything with my Father- my hopes and praises, my worries and petitions. Bit by bit I had forgotten to come to Him. How I got there is rather odd to me as I was not angry with the Lord nor stepped away consciously. It started when I would have a problem or idea I would call a friend and see what they thought of it rather than come to Him(they would have Godly advice I could count on). Oh, I still prayed- just more “here’s what I want, thanks, I’m busy.. so bye.” While I was at church listening to a sermon, I didn’t want to cry in front of people- so I would distract myself from what was being said either by playing with the baby, reading somewhere else in my Bible, or by thinking of what I needed to do that day. I was still reading my Bible- but I think just as something to check off my list, and His Word was speaking to me less and less because I didn’t have the time to let it soak in. I am a busy women with many who depend on me so I write lists. I was adhering to my list and not asking God what my priorities needed to be. I was checking off down through my prerecorded activities with such satisfaction until I realized- I am stressed, I am empty, I need refilled. 
I went to a women’s conference put on by a speaker from “Revive our Hearts” ministry. I just knew that I would be refilled there. I couldn’t wait to feel that closeness with Him where I would cry and I would be cleansed and full again. Only that didn’t happen.. When the conference was almost over I still hadn’t cried or been refilled. The conference was good- it was about us feeling defeated and how we needed His Word to saturate our being and not listen to the enemy’s lies because Jesus was already victorious. I told the Lord that I was disappointed. The whole reason that I was there was to be refilled- for Him to meet me there and refill me so that I could continue to lead my busy life. At the moment that I told Him I was disappointed I knew that it was MY FAULT that I wasn’t close to Him. I realized just how far I had gotten from Him- when I thought that my focus was on Him all along. Wasn’t my life centered on doing things for Him, wasn’t I reading my Bible and praying for others? Where was the relationship though? Where was the love, the zeal.. Was I seeking the Lover of my Soul?
I knew then that rather than just refilling me at a conference He was going to teach me how to stay filled- pouring myself out daily and refilling through Him. We have all heard the saying “Give a man a fish; feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish; feed him for a lifetime”. I knew that the Lord would teach me to fish to stay full for a lifetime.
Repent- The first thing I cried out in repentance. I did not hold Him dear- I had taken my eyes off of Him. Matthew 22:37 “Jesus replied: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind,’” 
Reorganize- I got rid of my lists- I stopped doing the Bible reading that I was doing and am now reading where He leads me. What I was reading before was like a flat page before me and now the words come alive and speak to me. I want my heart to steep in His Word. My lists consisted of things that I thought needed to be done in order to be a successful wife, mother, and friend. Certain schedules need not be followed exactly to be successful- I want to be successful in His eyes, not that of man. I want what He has for me. Luke 10:41-42“’Martha, Martha,’ the Lord answered, ‘you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.’” 
Revive- Ask the Lord for revival in your heart- As an independent person, it is hard to ask for anything; but I want to feel alive and full of energy for Him- living out my days holding His Hand and in the direction that He wants me to go- so I will ask Him! Matthew 7:7-8 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.” As a busy person- either as a mama, working person, or someone that takes care of a parent or loved one- it is really hard to find a quiet time to spend with Him. Ask the Lord for that time. Petition Him for a time each day that you can spend with just Him.. The best thing that you can do for yourself and for your family is to spend time with the Lord.
I tell you this to reevaluate where you are. Are you still focused on Him or have you focused on what you think you need to do for Him? Are you really praying or is it just lip service? Are you a list maker and He is just a line on your list, something to finish quickly so that you can cross that off and finish out your day- or are you spending quality time with Him? I am excited about what He is going to do in our lives, aren’t you?
Isaiah 55:1-3 “ Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost. Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare. Give ear and come to me; hear me, that your soul may live. I will make an everlasting covenant with you, my faithful love promised to David.”
image title

No comments:

Post a Comment